Black Cumin Seed Oil:
There is so much that Black Seed Oil (from black cumin or Nigella Sativa) can do to help the body, it’s phenomenal. And…so few people have heard of it!
The black cumin plant is native to southwestern Asia, the Mediterranean and Africa. It has been grown for centuries for its aromatic and flavorful seeds that can be used as a spice or as an herbal medicine.
Some of the most promising research has been done connecting Nigella sativa to multi-drug resistant bacteria. This is a really big deal because these so-called “superbugs” are becoming a significant public health risk. According to the National Institute of Health.
- Strains of bacteria and viruses that are antimicrobial-resistant are becoming virtually impossible to treat, including HIV, staphylococcal, tuberculosis, influenza, gonorrhea, candida and malaria.
- Between 5 percent to 10 percent of all hospital patients develop an infection from superbugs.
- More than 90,000 of these patients die every year, up from 13,300 patient deaths in 1992.
- People infected with superbugs typically have longer hospital stays, require more complicated treatment and don’t recover as well.
A study conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College researchers set out to determine just how potent black seed oil is against some of these superbugs and paired it against several antibiotics, such as Amoxicillin, Gatifloxacin and Tetracycline. According to the study, “Out of 144 strains tested, most of which were resistant to a number of antibiotics, 97 were inhibited by the oil of black cumin.
So what are the active ingredients in Black Seed Oil?
They are Thymol, Thymoquinone and Thymohydroquinone. These were tested against 30 human pathogens and the researchers were astounded to see that each compound showed 100% inhibition for all 30 ‘bugs’.
Called ’TQ’, it’s been researched since the 1960’s. It’s know that it is a very strong antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and has anticancer properties. It also aids greatly with encephalomyelitis, diabetes and asthma. It scavenges free radicals, being an effective superoxide radical scavenger and preserves the very important enzymes glutathione peroxidase and glutathione-S-transferase. Both these enzymes are critical to our detoxification systems and protect the liver from toxins.
Like TQ…THQ is one of the most potent natural acetylcholinesterase (AChE) inhibitors we know of. AChE inhibitors are chemicals that stop this enzyme’s activity allowing the neurotransmitter, acetylcholine to remain active in the brain. We want this neurotransmitter to remain active because it counters:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Myasthenia gravis
- Neurodegenerative conditions
- Postural tachycardia syndrome
- Parkinson’s disease
The pharmacological answer to this is drugs which act as AChE inhibitors, but they are VERY costly and full of side effects. This is such a better solution.
This ingredient actually is responsible for thyme essential oil’s medicinal properties. It is a monoterpene which has a number of useful qualities such as:
– can kill the tuberculosis bacterium and many viruses.
– is a disinfectant
-it’s also used as a natural food flavouring, perfume and mouthwash.
These are the reason we see so many benefits to the use of Black Seed Oil such as:
1) Fights Cancer Cell Growth – Researchers found that both TQ and THQ decreased tumour cells by 52% or more. Even the toughest to treat – pancreatic cancer – where the cancer cells were killed and any new ones were inhibited.
2) Promotes Liver Health – Heals and protect the liver, even in alcoholics.
3) Combats Diabetes – It can help to regenerate pancreatic bets-cells (which produce your insulin) and can elevate your insulin and decrease blood glucose. So it can help both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes. Very few things can claim that to be true. In fact according to a study, it works as well at metformin the drug usually prescribed, but which has a ton of side effects like: bloating, constipation/diarrhea, flushing of the skin, gas and indigestion, heartburn, headache, nail changes, metallic taste in the mouth, muscle and/or stomach pain.
4) Aids in Weight Loss – This was shown in a number of studies that it decreased body mass index and waist circumference…and with no side effects.
5) Protects Skin – Improves skin quality and decreases eczema. It was found as effective as betamethasone, a cortisol treatment with again, a load of side effects such as swelling, tingling in the mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing, skin colour changes, dark pigmentation on the face, easy bruising and muscle weakness.
6) Benefits For Your Hair – Can boost hair and scalp health because of nigellone, which acts as an impressive histamine. Helps with hair loss that is due to androgenic alopecia. Also, because of its antioxidant, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory abilities, it can help the health of the scalp in general, discouraging the development of dandruff and dryness.
7) Fights Infections (MRSA) – Of particular interest is that black seed oil can kill methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). Currently, MRSA is plaguing hospitals and nursing homes across the globe because ordinary staph infections are becoming resistant to antibiotics. Elderly are especially at risk because it’s most often associated with surgeries, intravenous tubing and artificial joints. Studies show that Black Seed oil can slow down or stop MRSA from spreading out of control.
8) Improves Fertility – Improves male infertility by improving the number and activity of sperm. It also is beneficial to the reproductive organs and sex hormones. So for this reason, may also help women.
9) Balances Cholesterol – After six weeks total cholesterol, LDL (“bad”) cholesterol and glucose levels all came down while HDL (“good”) cholesterol increased.
It was also shown to lower blood pressure, so has many cardiovascular effects.
10) Topical Use For Acne and Eczema – Definitely can be used for both of these situations, but always make sure you use a few drops in a carrier oil like organic coconut oil or almond oil. About 1 drop to 1 tablespoon of carrier oil. You can also add a few drops to your shampoo and conditioner.
General Dosing –
- For diabetes: 1 gram of black seed powder take twice a day for up to 12 months.
- For high blood pressure: 0.5–2 grams of black seed powder daily for up to 12 weeks or 100–200 milligrams black seed oil twice daily for eight weeks.
- To improve sperm function: 2.5 mL black seed oil twice daily for two months.
- For asthma: 2 grams of ground black seed taken daily for 12 weeks. Also, 15 mL/kg of black seed extract has been used daily for three months. A single dose of 50–100 mg/kg has also been used.
Perfect Press® Black cumin seed (Nigella sativa) oil has a long history of use as a natural health and beauty remedy. Black cumin contains essential fatty acids, phytosterols and volatile compounds that are beneficial for total body health.
Every bottle contains the oil of thousands of perfectly pressed organic seeds. Our unique pressing process ensures that there is no damage to the nutritional properties. The finished product is stored in UV-protective Miron glass bottles to maintain quality over time. Zero damage equals zero rancidity.
Yes, you read correctly! Taken regularly, this marvellous oil can facilitate weight loss. Read this story
|DR DEB’S BOOKS AT AMAZON – READ FOR FREE IN KINDLE UNLIMITED|
|Glutathione-There’s No Life Without It||Natural Remedies For Peeps & Pets||Flu & Cold Treatment|
|Metagenics U.S.Store-20% Discount||Metagenics Canadian Store-20% Off||